Friday, April 22, 2011

296 Weeks Gone By

That's about 5 and three-quarters years, by the way.
Ain't math fun? :)

We're now well into the busy season at jerk, and it's back to the usual routine of working non-stop from start to finish.
I'm not a fan of it, but I know I need an income of money to survive in this lousy system that we've known since we were born.
You know, the one where we work all our lives and try to earn a lot of this stuff called money, the stuff we're told that without it, we're washed-up and will basically have something very bad happen to us.
And then, several times a year, people will demand some of it back, or else more bad stuff will happen to us.
Of course, every week when we get our paychecks, a portion is taken out for these same people before we even have the check in our hands.
Like clockwork.
Without fail.
I wish the US Post Office was as reliable. ;)

I can only imagine where all of that tax money goes.
I feel confident that if we were to know exactly what's going on behind out backs and under our noses while we're literally kept busy all day trying to earn this money, we'd be pretty pissed-off and offended and feel quite cheated, abused, and used.
I see no difference between today's taxes being collected from us and the good ole days of the Middle Ages and the King's henchmen coming around to your little cottage, pounding on the door, and demanding some of your earnings for the King, or else, off with your head.
Well, there is one difference - we have cell phones. :)

I'll have a new part to install onto the WR-250XX this weekend:
An FMF Megabomb header.
This is the exhaust pipe that fits between the cylinder head and muffler.
I'm currently using the original pipe and an FMF Q4 muffler, but I want to install this FMF header so I'll then have a full FMF exhaust system.
Why?
More power!
I had a full FMF system on last year's WR-250RX (as I do with the WR-250FY firebreather), so it's high time I complete the picture on this year's bike.

I'm also curious to see and feel just how much a difference this change makes, and I'll be sure to post my opinion on the WR-250R/X message board.
There, more than one guy has written stuff like, "Bah, that thing ain't worth the money, blah, blah, blah..."
So, we will see for ourselves first-hand and report back with the results.

Off to jerk,
-John

No comments:

Post a Comment