Tuesday, April 19, 2011

295 and Talkin' Some Mean Jive

More silly motorcycle message board reading this morning.
I get a kick out of the guy who will post asking questions (that I think he should already know the answers to), then basically tear into the first guy who replies, and then he wonders why nobody else bothered to post a reply.
Yes.
Dipshit know-it-all. :)

I probably have mentioned before that my opinion on the WR-250R and WR-250X isn't really welcomed with open arm on the forums for these bikes.
No, the majority of the members on these forums would rather eat shit and die than be told that the suspensions on these bikes are poor as they come off the showroom floors.
What is funny to me is that whenever I mention that the stock suspension ain't all that great (and I only do this to answer somebody else's question about the bike), almost every time I get a reply, the first thing the guy will do is to remind me that he ain't racing and how he didn't buy a YZ to go racing with, etc., etc., blah, blah, blah.
In other words, he's trying to tell me that he knows the bike isn't a motocross racer.
Gee, really?

Well, I know that, too.
What I'm saying is that you can certainly appreciate a good suspension when riding your dual-purpose bike while cruising down a dirt road with your 300lbs of camping gear strapped to the back, as well.
There's a misconception that you should only require the good stuff for racing.
Pure bullshit.
You can benefit for good suspension no matter where you ride, and no matter how slow or how fast.
But, you see, when I say that the rear suspension sucks and needs help, they take it as some kind of insult.
Oh, well.
If they're truly satisfied with it, good for them.

Off to jerk,
-John

No comments:

Post a Comment