Monday, October 1, 2012

399 Drops of Rain

Not much news for this past weekend since I did not ride the WR-250FP this time around, the first weekend I've skipped in quite some time.
Why?
I'm a bit down from having the past several rides in a row with shitty conditions, be it bright sun ruining my vision and making me slow down, or, like this past weekend, rain spoiling the traction and leaving big puddles of water all over the place.
The ground never dried.

I am to the point, after all, that being super-eager to ride in any conditions at any time is unfortunately in my past, back when I was a teenager with big dirt bike starts in my eyes, back when this was new to me.
I mean, after 32 years of this, I'm much more choosy about what feels right to me, and it is, after all, a good feel from the bike I'm after.
I couldn't imagine it any other way.
Unless you're brain-dead.

So, I decided to take the weekend off from Pachaug riding and wait for next weekend.
With any luck, the ground will be dry and maybe even with a sky that's a little cloudy.
Now, that's a nice thought.

So, what did I do?
Watched old Charles Bronson movies on YouTube.
Charles Bronson, along with Clint Eastwood, stared in some kick-ass movies in their prime, and even though I haven't seen one in at least 10 years, it was fun to watch one for a change.
I like those movies from that era, the late 1960s through about 1975.
I grew up watching stuff from back then.

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment