Monday, October 15, 2012

401 Bum Weather Forecasts

Yeah, that's right:
Another weekend without riding the WR-250FP because of worrying about hunting season in the Pachaug state forest on Saturday and another rainy Sunday morning that wasn't even in the weather forecast right up until I went to bed Saturday night.
Why don't I just say, "Fuck it.", and ride anyway?
As I wrote not long ago, this ain't my first rodeo, but more like my millionth-and-first rodeo, so I'm inclined to be a lot more picky than how I was when I was 17 years old, Lenny.
Back then, I'd basically ride anytime I could.
Now, I don't feel like potentially getting in some hunter's way on Saturday (even though I feel I also have a right to ride that official state of CT. motorcycle trail (but, we have to use the same land)), and I was turned off by having the thought of just tip-toeing around over the slippery (take it from me) wet leaves and wet rocks and wet tree roots on the ground.
Sure, I could have ridden over them, but it wouldn't have been in the conditions that are fun for me.
That's the whole enchilada right there, and if I'm loading the bike, my gear, and myself up and driving out there, I'm doing it if I feel it will be worth it.

So, how did I get my exercise for the weekend?
I went out with my trusty bow saw and moved several pesky trees out of the way that were laying across the trail, ones that were big enough to make riders find a detour around them.
They've been there for a year or more, so, I felt it was high time somebody made the hike out there and got that clutter out of the way and dragged off into the woods where it belongs.
Mission accomplished, and that was good for about three hours of physical exertion.
The time went by quicker than I thought out there, so I must have enjoyed it.  ;)

You can be sure I'll be watching this weekend's forecast, just as I did last one and the ones before.
And, crossing my fingers.
I even have two brandy-new Bridgestone M22/M23 tires waiting here in the house to be mounted.
It would be so nice to have a good ride more than once a month, you know? :)
Lately, it ain't been happening, but I'm hoping for this coming one.

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment