Monday, September 5, 2011

325 Little Twigs Blown Off the Trees

Oh, no!
How are the trees going to survive now?
We need to go out into the woods and put bandages over the wounds where the branches were broken off.

That's probably how half of the brainwashed environmental "activists" think.
As they're driving down the asphalt roadway (a petroleum product) in their made-in-some-factory SUV or BMW or some Korean car.
Assholes should get a grip on reality and how nature really works.

Well, I went for another Pachaug rock pile ride on the Firebreather WR-250FY yesterday (Sunday) after all, and this one was mucho better.
Where Saturday's ride was rated by me as a 5 in a scale of 1 to 10, Sunday's ride was an honest 7.
Not too bad.
The reasons it was a better time was because I knew where any trail blockages were in advance, some other trail users were out there since Saturday clearing parts of the blockages, and, probably the main reason, I didn't have as strong a feeling of having to be as cautious.
I simply felt and rode better, and enjoyed it more.

Some sections, like my favorite pine-needled trails, were downright fun as they usually are, and I felt like I rode them pretty well.
If only the whole 60-or-so miles of the loop were made-up of terrain like that.
I'd be in dirt bike trail riding heaven, and would not miss one single rock. :)

There was one point, though, toward the beginning of the loop where I had to stop what I was doing and use-up some precious bodily energy, something that's a big deal when you're 45 years old like I am.
I came across a pair of dimwits who were (illegally, mind you) "4-wheeling" down the trails in their 2-wheel-drive Jeep Cherokee.
This thing had what looked to be run-of-the-mill street tires on it, too.
Really smart.

Well, as you can imagine, I came upon these two guys - one guy in the vehicle stepping on the gas and steering, and the other guy outside pushing - trying to get the vehicle backed-up out of a spot where they got it stuck.
After seeing that they were getting nowhere fast, I got off my bike and helped push.
Thank God the piece of shit was freed after about a minute of pushing, mainly because I didn't feel like spending my time playing Rescue 911 for these two dorks.
I had dirt bike riding to do, and those jerks had no business at all being out there in that thing.
Not only was it against the state law to be out there on the Pachaug Enduro Loop in a car or truck trying your stupid hand at "4-wheeling", but those two guys weren't smart enough to be out there trying it in the first place.

The down side to that stupid adventure, other than having to halt my progress and look at those two morons (who really shouldn't have been off the pavement in that vehicle), was that I used-up a fair bit of energy, and for the next 10 miles I could feel it.
Thank God I started to feel a bit more energetic after that.

Another downside to those two freaks was that I had to put up with the rocks their piece of shit Jeep pulled out of the ground and scattered about as they made their silly way back to the pavement, particularly as they crept up a rocky uphill.
That means, the lay of the land changed enough to the point that I had to be more cautious than usual over this rocky trail because these dimwits pulled rocks out of the ground with the driving rear wheels of their vehicle, rocks that were previously laying down and not sticking up like they were after they crawled past.
By this point of the loop, I was on my way back to the starting point and riding down the section that I ride over twice on each ride - once at the start and once at the end - and it just so happened to be where the two desert racer goons made their retreat back to the pavement.
How nice.
They were already gone, but their aftermath was there for me to negotiate.
That's just one more reason why I basically dread running into fools like that - they're effecting my recreation by being stupid, ill-prepared, and, of course, illegal.

Today, by the way, is Labor Day, and I'm just going to relax.

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment