Tuesday, February 8, 2011

262: Need a Crane or Two


In January of 1978, the roof of the Hartford Civic Center, raised in 1972, fell in under the weight of heavy snow.
I remember seeing the same ol' pic behind the familiar ol' WFSB in Hartford TV news anchors gabbing about it for what seemed like forever.

I heard last night that a semi-local indoor motocross track called MotoTown had it's roof collapse due to the weight of the snow on it.
I hear that nobody was killed or hurt, although I imagine that most are wondering if a similar place will open in the area again.

Well, the rear shock from the WR-250FY firebreather is en route to Go Race Suspension in Virginia.
I estimate about 10 days before I'll see it back here, so this weekend would be a good time to work on the front end of the bike while the rear end is apart.
Changing the fork oil (and maybe lowering the oil level a few millimeters more while I'm at it) and greasing the steering head bearings would take care of those jobs for a while, so it just might take place.
When I put the rear shock and rear suspension back on the bike, I'll naturally grease the parts that need it at the same time, as well as install a new drive chain and new sprockets.
After that, it's basically a case of waiting for the weather and ground conditions to improve. :)

Off to jerk,
-John

No comments:

Post a Comment