Thursday, May 10, 2012

369 New Motorcycles

Sometime, I feel like I've bought and paid for 369 new motorcycles.
The real total of the bikes I've paid for over the years ain't that high, but it is over 50, no doubt.
And, as I would have it, I'm wondering how long I can go before I weaken and decide to buy another one.
It's only a matter of time.
And money.  ;)

Yes, indeedy, a nice 2012 Yamaha WR-450FB would look mighty fine to me in the back of my truck heading out for an awesome ride.
Sigh.
Some day, I'll own another Yamaha dirt bike.

For now, though, my PAID FOR (that's very important) Honda CRF-450X9 is cutting the mustard.
There are times when I realize the ol' trusty Yamaha WR-250FY (remember that one?) is the better bike for me, and those times are when the going is tight and requires maneuverability instead of 450cc power.
Twisting the throttle makes me remember why I went and bought a 450, though.
That's fun, too.  :)
It's often about compromises and making your choice.

Last weekend's Pachaug rock n' roll pile rides (yes, rides, as I went both Saturday and Sunday) were mucho better than the weekend before.
This last weekend I felt much closer to my normal self, and I had a good time out there.
The bike felt good, I rode in a decent manner, and I had a reasonable feeling of satisfaction that I'd done a good job of it.

The new front tire I recently mounted (the Bridgestone M603 and the match to the rear M604) works very well.
These are probably going to be the tires I use for the foreseeable future since they cost a few bucks less than the time-honored M22/M23, yet are still excellent tires.
Great traction and a great feel from them.
I'm sold.

The CRF-450X9 is ready to go for this weekend, and the weather forecast is good.

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment