Saturday, January 14, 2012

Shocker: 356 Frozen Knobbies All in a Row


The rear shock absorber from the ol' Pachaug rock pile veteran WR-250FY.
Once a year, during the winter, I'll have the front fork and rear shock oil changed.
I can do the fork myself, but I don't have the tools and high-pressure nitrogen gas needed to do the rear shock.
So, a couple days ago, I went to the place where I actually bought the WR-250FY back in November of 2009, Nasin Machine, and had my ol' buddy Tom service the shock.
I was able to watch him do the work as we talked bikes and suspension, and I now have a refreshed and ready-to-go WR-250FY Kayaba rear shock.
I also have one of Nasin Machine's stickers on the reservoir, too. :)


Like, duh.
Why do you think they call it a dirt bike?

I've had people over the years (mainly when I was just getting into riding dirt bikes years ago) ask me why I bothered to wash my dirt bikes when they're only going to get dirty next time.
Maybe these same characters should be asked why they bother to wipe their ass if it's only going to get all shitted-up next time, eh? ;)

I rode out on some of the ol' Pachaug enduro loop trails today, although I did something different.
Since it reached a high of only about 32 degrees F, I decided to concentrate my riding on a loop of a certain section that I really like (the pine-needled whooped section), a section that has a minimum of water and mud, or more like ice and frozen mud.
The loop is 2.8 miles each time around, is quite fun, and gives you a good workout at the same time.

I rode the loop 10 times, so math geniuses will know that I rode 28 miles today.
That's only half of my usual mileage, but since I didn't start riding until about 3:00pm and stopped at 4:00pm, that's not too bad for an hour's worth of riding.
I felt good on the bike and had a good time.

The second Supercross race of the 2012 season is on TV tonight from Phoenix, AZ.
I sure as fuck hope this race is not a snoozer like last week's was where no battling for the top spots took place.

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment