Sunday, December 9, 2012

412 at 6:21

Today's Sunday Pachaug enduro loop ride was OK.
Not great or fantastic or excellent, but a solid OK.
It could have been excellent, but the ground conditions were not good enough for that as things were still damp from yesterday's rain and 8,000,000,000% humidity overnight.
All of those leaves covering the rocks and the tree roots don't dry-up too quickly when the weather is like that, you know.

Although I took it cautiously since things were still damp and potentially slick (especially with a well-worn rear tire and semi-worn front), I still had a decent ride considering that was on my mind the whole time.
The freshly-serviced rear shock worked noticeably more plushly and cushy with the proper KYB K2C fluid in there, and the front fork was still absorbing the sharp, pesky hits from those rocks and roots all over the place with the custom-blended 2.5 wt fluid in there.
Actually, after doing some 3rd grade math (or, in order to keep up with the times with today's education, 7th grade math), I now know it's more like a 2.75 wt.

I felt pretty good on the bike and pulled-off some decent maneuvers, not least of which was getting past a convoy of (illegal, of course) ATVs and side-by-sides riding the trail early in the ride.
What's a side-by-side?
A P.O.S. that costs much more than it's worth and has seating for a driver and passenger, and it looks like a miniature pickup truck.
Pretty dumb, in other words.
Other than that, they're fine.  ;)

I really should buy a new rear tire and mount it before the next ride as it is worn to the point that the quality of the feel of the bike is suffering.
I'd get a new front tire as well if I had the moolah.
Being the off-season at jerk, I am on a budget, so I'll have to print a few more George Washingtons.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment