Sunday, November 18, 2012

Formula 409

I was waiting to use that title.

It's Sunday evening and I'm eating and relaxing after a weekend of Pachaug loop WR-250FP riding.
I went both Saturday and Sunday, and it was pretty good.

Saturday was a solo ride and I made decent time out on the trails.
It was sunny and I decided to use the two-tinted-goggle-lens trick again, and I'm glad I did because I wasn't squinting much.
I rode fairly well, though a bit conservative with the leaves on the ground in lots of places.
I wore my blaze orange don't-shoot-me vest since we're still in hunting season, and although I hope no moron will be shooting his bow across the trail toward me, you never know for sure just how many morons are out at any given moment.
I survived, although I did see several trucks parked along some of the dirt roads.
If they're hunting, fine.
Just walk your ass well off into the woods, buddy.

Today's ride was once again with the guy I rode with last Sunday.
Since this was his second time out there, I went a little bit closer to normal pace in some sections.
I don't think he would mind.
I enjoyed this buddy ride more than last week's for some reason.
Although, as you know, I still prefer solo.

This Thursday will provide another riding opportunity since it's Thanksgiving day and I have that day off jerk.
That's just fine and dandy with me.

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment