Sunday, June 24, 2012

It's 377 Degrees Outside


What's your idea of hot?
Is it something like this?
Hmmmmmmm.
That does look pretty warm, don'nit?


Or, does it look like this?
This past week, the weather was kinda' like this pic.
Which, in turn, had some of the girls dressing like the top pic.

We did have a heat wave for most of the jerk week, although tonight (Sunday night), things seem more like June instead of July or August as far as weather goes.

This weekend's Pachaug enduro loop riding was pretty good.
On Saturday, I decided to mix it up again by first going out to that boring place just over the Rhode Island boarder called Arcadia Land Management.
I unloaded the bike in their little dirt parking lot (where mountain bikers and pot smokers park to get their game on, too) and proceeded down the many dirt roads in the place, just trying to learn the lay of the land and to see if I could find any terrain that's interesting.

Well, since the place is a collection of dirt roads, and public dirt roads at that where I don't think it's a good idea to go ripping around at speed, I still didn't find any super-duper interesting parts on this second trip out there as of late, but, I figured it was worth a shot.
I did rain for about 10 or 15 minutes, and I'm sure that any nature lovers out there beside myself were really appreciating all of nature's splendor as their hair got all wet.
Hey, you want outdoorsy all-natural?
Well, there you go, Lenny.
Enjoy.

After about an hour there, I got fed up with the place, loaded the bike up, and went out to my favorite pine-needled whooped section of the Pachaug enduro loop, parking right next to it.
I unloaded the bike and did about 5 laps around that section, which was quite fun, and then decided to catch my breath by riding out to a part of the Pachaug enduro loop about 10 miles away and riding it back to where I was parked.
That was a good day.

Today's ride was more like a typical route out there, except at about the 35 mile mark I skipped a part of the usual route, instead riding through the main entrance for the Pachaug state forest, past the green soccer/softball/football/who-the-hell-knows-what-it-was-made-for field, and then carrying on in typical fashion when I hit the usual trails to bring me back to the starting/finishing parking lot on Spaulding Road.
You remember Spauling Road, correct?
Well, read-up on my past bloggy posts, dammit.

I had a good time out there this weekend, and starting it off with two new Bridgestone M603 and M604 tires didn't hurt, either.
In fact, they helped quite a bit.

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment