Sunday, October 13, 2013

432, and the Sky Wasn't Very Blue

The trusty WR-250FP after today's very good ride.
Those new M22/M23 tires are practically magic.


And that, folks, is just fine and dandy with me while I'm riding my dirt bike.  ;)

I just came back from yet another Sunday Pachaug endure loop ride on the ol' WR-250FP, and conditions were very, very good, indeed.
The sky was cloudy the whole time, which was 180 degrees away from the forecast I read this morning on weather.com that said sunny, sunny, sunny.
Well, that was funny, funny, funny because it was cloudy, cloudy, cloudy.
And I liked it, too.
On top of that, I had two brandy-new Bridgestone M22/M23 tires on the bike for this ride.
Yesindeedy.

Although there are leaves now covering some of the obstacles on the ground and making them harder to see and identify, the weather was very good and I woke up feeling fairly good, too, so I hoped for a good ride out there.
That's what I got as I had a good feeling with the bike and vision was about as good as it gets for me.
I included the southern-most part of the loop, again, something that is fast becoming the usual routine for me as of late, and total mileage on the day was 55.9 on the ol' odometer.

So, I had my cloudy sky, my stiffer fork springs holding my front fork up as I like it to be, good health, and good conditions all around.
The new tires could immediately be felt doing their thing, which is providing excellent traction.
Honestly, I don't know why guys go with soft-to-intermediate-terrain tires on their bike when riding the Pachaug loop, and I can only guess they're going by how big n' burly the tread pattern looks on those tires.
I'll take hard terrain tires, thanks, as these Bridgestones always feel very good.

About the only pesky thing on today's ride was meeting up with several people out taking a little stroll on the trails, and being a respectable type that I am, I slowed way down when I saw these pedestrians.
Too bad these meetings were on good parts of the trail where I wanted to keep my pace up.
I did see one guy who heard me coming down a fast hill while on my most favorite pine-needled-whoops-through-the-woods section, and I noticed him when I was just about past him because he got his butt off the trail when he heard a motor vehicle coming toward him.
Smart man, and this is exactly what I do on the rare occurrences I see dirt bike riders while I'm out taking a walk on those very trails.
See, you'd be surprised how many peeps will not get their butts off the trail in those situations.
Maybe they like getting run over by motor vehicles at speed, huh?
If I were these folks, I'd get a plated dirt bike and start going about it the right way instead of trying to get my rocks off by walking little Fluffy or Fido who needs to stop every 20 feet to piss or shit on a tree or sniff some other mutt's butt.

Gross, huh?
You bet it is - get yourselves a plated dirt bike, folks.

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment