Monday, March 26, 2012

364: 363 Reasons, Plus One More

I went for another ride yesterday (Sunday) out on the ol' Pachaug rock n' roll pile enduro loop with the CRF-450X9.
It was a good ride, considering I still had those garbage Kenda and Sedona tires on the bike.
I let an additional PSI of air pressure out of each tire in an effort to make them less bouncy and unruly, and it did help a tiny bit, although, of course, they still felt worlds away from the tires I should have bought.
Good thing these tires are coming off the bike this week and are going to that great tire recycling plant in the sky.
Or maybe it's just down the road a few miles.
Who cares, just as long as they're no longer on my bike, Lenny.
You want them?

I felt good on both rides this weekend, although better on Sunday, and the bike was working well except for the instability caused by the tires.
I'm very much used to the new softer springs in the suspension, and since it's been a few rides with them now, I feel the place that their benefit is most apparent is in the corners.
The bike settles down a bit further in the suspension stroke while taking sharper corners as it should, and this seems to make the front end stick in the corners better and gives a more confident feel overall.
Because of this increase in cornering confidence and feel, it was worth it to change springs and experiment with the fork oil level.

I'm looking toward the coming weekend with some real tires on board (Bridgestone M23 front and M604 rear).
I'm sure the difference will be amazing in a good way. :)

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment